Monday, July 31, 2006

You Want to Be a Superhero?
I am a reality TV junkie. I will be the first to admit it. I have a problem. So when I heard Sci-fi channel was having a reality show about superheroes, I was really geeked out. When I heard Stan Lee was involved with it, I got really, really geekd out.

I was finally able to watch the show yesterday and let me say it is pretty awesome. It is different than most other reality competitions. In Survivor / Amazing Race type, it is about athleticism, intelligence, and guile. In the shows like Top Chef and Project Runway, the focus is one skills and creativity. Here the show focuses on skills of a superhero, but since there are no superpowers in the real world, the show focuses on character traits, which was a new concept for me. Stan Lee plan to base his show on judging courage, character, honesty, integrity, self-sacrifice, compassion, resourcefulness.
Hopefully it will level the playing field for the non-athletic types.

The cast included Tobias Trost as Levity, Jonathan Finestone as Rotiart, Tonya Kay as Creature, Chris Watters as Major Victory, Steel Chambers as The Iron Enforcer, Mary Votava as Monkey Woman, Nell Wilson as Fat Momma, Darren Passarello as Nitro G, Chelsea Weld as Cell Phone Girl, Matthew Atherton as Feedback, E. Quincy Sloan as Tyveculus, and Tonatzin Mondragon as Lemuria.

The first episode was a hoot and with lots of patent Stan Lee’s comic twists. I enjoyed this episode and looking forward to the next. You Want to Be a Superhero? comes on Sci-fi channel Thursday 8PM central with multiple re-airing during the week… By the way I’m rooting for Fat Momma.

No comments: