Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ultimate Spiderman #98, 99 and Annual 2:

My month’s comics came in yesterday and boy did I get a lot of Ultimate title. I received: Ultimate Fantastic Four #32, 33 and Annual #2; Ultimates Annual #2; Ultimate X-men #76 and Annual #2; Ultimate Spiderman #98, 99 and Annual 2. That is nine issue of Ultimate title to read this month…

Ulitmate Spiderman #98 & 99
The clone wars storyline continues...

Spidey is reeling from the exposure of the Scorpion's unbelievable identity. But even that pales besides the string of revelations awaiting him such as: Who kidnapped Mary Jane and what does he/she want? Who does Spider-Man struggle against in the old warehouse where he fought his first battle? Who is waiting for him in the house in Queens he and his Aunt May abandoned recently? Your jaw will drop and your mind will go numb when you learn the solution to these mysteries. And the world of Peter Parker will never be the same.

Boy, does the solicitation description hits that these issue on the nail! Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley are really turning the Ultimate Spiderman universe around. At the end of issue 99 left me in awe and screaming "oh my jim-who-icky-monkey- slappy- butthole…" And let me say that I have only said that phrase once in my life. You will be absolutely shocked with this roller coaster ride. I can’t wait to see how they finish this series with issue #100. This is a must read. RATINGS: STORY- 10/10 ART 9/10

Ultimate Spiderman Annual #2
While Foggy Nelson offers Spidey some legal advice, Police Captain Jean DeWolfe gives him some other advice...on how to take down the Ultimate Kangaroo! Will Peter Parker be able to navigate his way through this all-action moral maze? And more to the point...will Punisher just shoot him instead?

Last years annuals were not very good in my opinion, so going into this issue I was ready to be disappointed... and of course, I was wrong. Instead I was wowed, the writing of Bendis again. This issue really feels like a well made action movie. It was follow up of the "Warriors" storyline and interjected throughout the story was a little back story on what has happened between the "Warriors" storyline and now. The flashbacks really added the movie feel to the story. And of course Mark Brooks’s art really shined and executed the feel to perfection. RATINGS: STORY-9/10 ART-9/10

No comments: