Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween has come and gone…
Sorry with the big delay between post. I have been finishing up a big project that has been devouring all my time. Hopefully now I can spend a few more moments with my precious blog. My October shipment also came this week more specially on Halloween. Now that is what I call a special treat….


Bart Simpson Treehouse of Terror #12 :
What is Halloween without a Halloween book? When this comics was first solicited, they were come great comic book creators attach to the comic: Terry Moore from Strangers in Paradise, Kyle Baker from Plastic Man and Eric Powell from the Goon. They are creators that I love and enjoy their regular work..

"This year's annual THOH Comic was released yesterday. Three Eisner Award-winning masters of humor comics team-up to tell some wildly wicked and devilishly delightful Halloween howlers. Join Kyle Baker (Why I Hate Saturn, Plastic Man) as he takes a gentle fairy tale and turns it into a bloody rampage in the hands of Bart Simpson. Then Terry Moore (Strangers in Paradise) revisits the biblical story of Noah's Ark, but in this tricked-out version Homer is encouraged to build an ark so that God can exterminate all the cockroaches. And finally, Eric Powell (The Goon) provides a harrowing tale of crazed Groundskeeper Willie, hellishly bent on avenging his prized emu."


With all this hype and talent, I was not impressed. It was a good issue, but it was lacking something. Perhaps it was the art and how each artists , except for Eric Powell took their best approach to drawing the characters. (Eric Powell’s art was perfect for this issue: Scary and gritty for a horror book.) But I don’t think it was just that. It was more the stories themselves. They were lacking the cohesiveness that Simpson’s show routinely puts out. I wish that had a regular Simpson’s story writer was there to help guide them. RATINGS: STORY- 4/10 ART-5/10 (except for Eric Powell’s section was a 10.)

No comments: