Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Follow up care: Blue Beetle #2, Green Arrow #61 & Robin #149:
Last month I reviewed some of DC's OYL and I was iffy about whether I was going to enjoy them. So here is some follow up on those comics. Next shipment should be coming soon.

Blue Beetle #2: The new Blue Beetle, Jaime has been wandering the desert for a long time. Some memories are coming back to him. And for the suprise that awaits him home... OYL.

The verdict is a good one for Giffen, Rogers, Hamner and company. I think we have a winner here. This issue gave me a better favor of whats to come: a combination of teen angst; comedy; and good comic fun. RATINGS: STORY- 7/10 ART- 6/10.

Green Arrow #61: The new mayor Queen has plans for some big changes. Not all the citzens of Star City are ready for them and of course a Green Arrow sitting complicating things. At the end of the day awaits a special surprise for Mayor Oliver.

It is too early to full judge this story yet. Since both Judd Winick and Scott McDaniel work on Batman titles, the feel of the comic too Batman-ish. Probably due the fact that these two characters are too similar or creators are too familiar with Batman. Judd is trying to bring the "Robin Hood" back to the Green Arrow, but it is coming too Batman-ish so far. Hopefully they can overcome the similarities between the two characters and Green Arrow will shine as Green Arrow, not the second rate Batman. RATINGS: STORY-7/10 ART-8/10

Robin #149: Robin continues to investigate the death of the fake "Batgirl." The road takes him to the police station to gather evidence to prove his innocence. Of course hell breaks loose when he is spotted....

So far the comic is the best of the OYL. I love how Adam Beechen show the immaturity of Robin by letting him get caught in the police station and get his ass handed to him by Lady Shiva. Lately, most writers are making him grow up too fast. It is nice too see him fall on his face sometimes. As for the artist, Freddie Williams II, his work is growing on me. I have yet to finish his work on Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle. At first I thought it made Robin too young, but it fit with the theme of youth and inexperience. I am glad he is going to be the regular artist on this series. RATINGS: STORY- 8/10 ART- 8/10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»